- Front loading seals
- Complete pump in stainless steel
- Duplex stainless steel shafts and rotors
- Smooth flow
- Superior sanitary design
- Heavy duty operation
- Bi-wing rotor
- Special gear case seals to minimize water/cleaning solution intrusion
- High efficiency
- Easily serviced and maintained
- Handles high and low viscosity products
The intelligent answer in rotary lobe pumps
Technical know-how and market knowledge have been the driving forces for John son Pump in designing and manufacturing the next generation of rotary lobe pumps, the TopWing.
The hygienic design combined with a gentler product handling makes TopWing the ideal solution for sensitive liquids. The ability to pump liquids of varying viscosities and temperatures are other benefits.
The shape of the rotor promotes a smooth flow with a high volumetric efficiency. There are fewer pockets where bacteria can hide. Features that make the pump easy to clean – both by CIP and by SIP. The complete pump is made of stainless steel.
With less agitation and shear TopWing can handle delicate liquids containing both soft and hard particles without product degradation.
This new design meets all the demands for high product quality. It stands up well to the requirements from different markets for various applications. Still giving a smooth even flow, reliable operation without compromising hygiene.
Features and Benefits
Sanitary design – fewer cavities where bacteria can hide
- Self-draining rotorcase in vertical position
- Self-draining mechanical seals assembled inside the rotorcase
- 316 L Stainless steel body and cover
- Smooth standard surface finish of 30 Ra for both rotorcase and frontcover (electro-polish finish 20 Ra on request)
- Easy to clean – CIP, SIP or manually.
- Change of shaft seal without disassembling the rotorcase
- Heavy duty bearing design -pre-loaded taper roller bearings without shimming
Designed for extreme external environments
- Water resistant gear case with special seals to minimize cleaning solutions/water into bearings
- Complete pump manufactured in stainless steel, including the endcover – no corrosion, no painting
Gentle product handling – high performance
- Bi-wing rotors – less backslip and possibility to handle soft particles thanks to the rotor shape
- One piece pump and gear case body – minimizes shaft and bearing alignment during assembly and repair.
- Small clearances – less backslip and gentler treatment of shear sensitive liquids
- Smooth flow, low pulsation
Designed for harsh environments
Rotors, shaft and retainer of Duplex stainless steel – stronger assembly, less shaft deflection, less wear
Heavy-duty construction – larger shaft diameter and Duplex stainless steel standard
Mechanical seal assembled inside the rotorcase – better seal lubrication
Up-graded material in mechanical seal and newly invented triple wave spring
Different seals; single mechanical, quenched, double flushed, O-ring
Safety relief valves; manual adjustable spring loaded or pneumatic. Easy to clean pneumatic option can also be used as CIP-valve with process controls
Rectangular inlets – lower NPSHr, ability to handle high viscosity liquids
Pre-heating/cooling devices in frontcover and/or at the seals
- 20 Ra Electro-polish interior
- Complete documentation package